Helps You Fight Disease and Stay Healthier
Nowadays, people are getting more health-conscious than ever before. There is more to being healthy than a good diet and exercise program. Your brain and the overall health of your mind plays a huge role in the health of your physical body.
Possibly the greatest reason successful people meditate is because of its effect on the body’s overall health.
Meditation can increase immunity, improve emotional balance, promote fertility, relieve stomach and bowel issues, lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, and increase your calmness.
- Increased Immunity – You have better immunity if you are more relaxed in life. Studies have found that daily relaxation through meditation can reduce the risk of breast cancer and help you live longer. When you relax, your body can build up its resistance to tumors and viruses.
- Improved Emotional Balance – Having emotional balance means that you are better able to cope with stress. Meditation may not remove all past emotional trauma, but it can certainly help reduce it and prevent further trauma. Using meditation will help you bust through those emotional walls to achieve success.
- Promotes Fertility – One huge stress is infertility. Both men and women can benefit from meditation. Using meditation to help your body relax will help your hormones balance out.
- Prevents Stomach and Bowel Problems – Practicing meditation can help alleviate constipation, bloating, and diarrhea. It can also help prevent heart burn and acid reflux.
- Lowers Blood Pressure – Improving your body’s ability to respond to stressful events will help lower your blood pressure. Instead of worrying about the next stressful situation, you will be able to relax and focus on your current goals with a meditation practice.
- Reduces Inflammation – Stress can lead to inflammation – and other conditions which are linked to it such as heart disease, asthma, psoriasis, and arthritis. Reducing the stress related inflammation will help you and your whole body feel better.
- Increased Calmness – The level of calmness a person has at any situation determines his or her level of success. Meditation helps you reach a state of calmness that will carry itself through whatever you do. It can also lower the blood pressure, reduce inflammation, and increase your calmness.
Improved Weight Management
Meditation is an effective tool for weight management. It is so powerful because it connects the conscious mind with the unconscious mind. Most of what happens with your weight is due to the reactions of the unconscious mind.
Your unconscious mind has a huge impact on your health – including your weight. It determines whether you choose to eat unhealthy foods or control those cravings. Eating a healthy diet is one of the best ways to help yourself become more successful. The nutrients and minerals you get from your foods help you remain focused, concentrate, have more energy, avoid fatigue, and better prioritize your day.
It goes back to the stress that you face each day. By reducing those stress levels, you can also reduce the amount of bad choices you make when it comes to food and fitness.
Think about this – even if you are making good choices, the stress itself will hold the weight on your body. Yes, that’s right it’s called Cortisol. Stress is the primary trigger for weight gain and the prevention of weight loss. If you have been dieting and exercising without any success – look at the stress in your day to day life.
Meditation can directly improve your ability to better manage your weight by helping you release the stress.
The common belief is that you get more done when you sleep less. The truth is that you get less done. Sleeping more will help you get more done.
When you have fewer than seven hours of sleep a night you cannot function properly – your body cannot function properly. Although you may feel that you are accomplishing more, your body is moving slower, thinking slower, has less creativity, and is not able to optimize your workflow.
You need between seven and nine hours of sleep to avoid any sleep deprivation side effects. Stop feeling guilty about sleeping. Begin thinking about how much better you will perform when you get adequate sleep.
If you ask any successful person, they will tell you that learning is the number one secret to their success. This is because they get the sleep they need to acquire new information. When your body is fatigued, it does not want to hang on to more information. It wants to rest. Sleep helps your brain process all that new information so that you can put it to good use.
Plus, when your body is functioning on proper amounts of sleep it will be able to recall that information quicker.
You can then take that new knowledge and apply it to your work. You can use it to become more creative. You can use it to be more organized and accomplish more.
One more thing that sleep can do is to stop you from making errors, especially when performing tasks or making important decisions. Errors in performing tasks can cause a lot of pain and frustrations. You should spend more time and effort to rectify that error rather than performing that task just once.
Meditation and Sleep
Meditation is the best way to help your body relax. You can meditate in the morning or in the evening to improve your sleep.
Once your body can relax, it can easily switch into relaxation mode at any time throughout the day. In other words, meditation can help prevent chronic insomnia. With the stress and anxiety reduced, your body can relax into a deep, optimal sleep.
If you did not read the first section of this series click below